Compact many different kinds of material and separate liquids from solids
Screw compactors have two main characteristics:
- They can compact many different kinds of material, quickly and effectively, e.g. EPS boxes used for fish
- They can separate liquids from solids, e.g. water from washed plastic
Often both characteristics are exploited at the same time. For example, when emptying and compacting juice cartons.
Customised for the purpose
Screw Compactors comprise a basic unit, which is available in three sizes and used in all machines. In addition there are also standard or customized accessories, which make the machine particularly suitable for the specific job it is to perform.
The basic aim is always to customise the compactor so that it suits the existing production facility as far as possible. At the heart of the machine is a hydraulic-automatic feed-control system, which ensures uniform compacting for all materials and at all times, without overloading the compactor.
The large capacity of the Screw Compactor, and its slim-line design, make it well suited to locating directly in a process line, or at the end of a production line, in order to minimize handling. Start and stop can be controlled in many ways, either manually or automatically using sensors. A fully automatic, hydraulic Silo System with a Heavy Duty Pre-crusher and several large screw compactors can cope with enormous quantities without having an operator between the separation and final compacting processes.
The great advantages of Screw Compactors:
- Optimum solutions based on pioneering work, development, and long experience
- Continuous compacting of material
- High rate of compacting because of high pressure
- Low energy consumption because of the torque of the screw
- No heat required, instead the friction of the material is used, saving energy
- Tough and user-friendly, built for hard work